One Hearts supporter will be smiling more than any other this morning — Fraser Ewing won £1m on the lottery just hours before watching his team lift the Scottish Cup.
Mr Ewing checked his EuroMillions ticket numbers before going to bed on Friday night and discovered he had won the UK Millionaires Raffle.
The self-employed painter and decorator told the Sunday Mail: "My mother has Parkinson’s Disease and I live with her and look after her, so she will be taken care of.
“Your family are the be all and end all really. But I can tell you that I won’t be picking up a paintbrush any time soon. I may do odd bits and pieces eventually, but at the moment I am going to celebrate this.”
Mr Ewing, who was at Saturday's Scottish Cup Final, added: "It doesn’t get any better than this. I just saw my team smash Hibs off the park and I won a million quid. I’m pretty happy.
“But I won’t fully believe it until I get the cheque in my hands. I am pinching myself but it has been a great weekend and I fully intend to get blootered.”
More About Scottish Cup Final 2012
- Doors Open Day 2012: Thousands access city’s secret places
- Doors Open Day: Return to the 1950s or ride in a bus wash [Video]
- Hearts and Hibs fans set the bar for nationwide fixtures
- Hibernian boss Pat Fenlon handed four game ban for cup final incident
- Triumph and tragedy: Fans' views of the salt and sauce final [Video]
- Hearts and Hibs fans praised by police after cup final weekend
- Dejected Dougray Scott can’t understand Hibs’ attitude in cup final