A young kitten has been found abandoned next to bins in Edinburgh.
Rory is only five weeks old and should not be away from his mother for another three weeks.
The long-haired kitten was found in Oxcars Court on Muirhouse Grove on Thursday night. A woman walking past found him and contacted the Scottish SPCA.
He is now being looked after by the animal welfare charity who are trying to found out who dumped him.
Animal Rescue Officer Steph Grant said: "At just five weeks old Rory is far too young to be outside so we're thankful he was found by someone who helped him. Kittens are usually fully weaned at five or six weeks but they should remain with their mum until they're eight weeks old.
"Rory is slightly underweight and when I gave him food it was clear he was very hungry. Despite his ordeal he is an incredibly friendly kitten and we're so glad he's safe now."
Anyone with information about Rory should contact the charity’s Animal Helpline on 03000 999 999.
People who read this story also read
- Avalanche Records in Edinburgh may close and be forced to go online
- Signalling problems near Edinburgh cause disruption for commuters
- Pensioners taken to hospital after burning themselves on UV lamp
- Restrictions lifted in Edinburgh's west end for rugby internationals
- Celebrities and football world reacts to Celtic's win over Barcelona