Thousands of Rangers fans have protested at Hampden against a 12-month transfer ban imposed on the club by the Scottish Football Association (SFA).
The Ibrox club was handed the sanction, along with a £160,000 fine, after a judicial panel set up by Scottish football's governing body found it guilty of five charges in relation to their finances and the appointment of Craig Whyte as chairman.
Fans have been incensed at the transfer ban and manager Ally McCoist said the embargo could "kill" the club.
Rangers Fans Unite said the march was held to protest against the "unfair, draconian and unsporting punishments meted out to Rangers FC and its fans because of the behaviour of Craig Whyte".
The march began at Queens Park at 1.30pm and ended inside Hampden stadium where the crowd was addressed by former Rangers player Sandy Jardine.
He said: "Since the club has gone into administration the fans have been magnificent in their support of the club and the rally gives the fans an opportunity to demonstrate their commitment to saving our beloved Rangers from the proposed sanctions."
Andy Kerr, president of the Rangers Supporters Assembly, said fans hoped the demonstration sent out a strong message.
He said: "There was a collective will for everybody to work together.
"Sandy Jardine made a short speech to thank everybody and reinforce the view that it is a difficult period for the club but that we all need to stick together.
"It is a message to Scottish football that we still have an active part to play."
An SFA spokesperson said: "We are now in receipt of the letter signed on behalf of the Rangers support and are grateful that today's event passed peacefully.
"We appreciate the frustrations of the Rangers support during this period of uncertainty and today's march showed the depth of feeling towards the club.
"The Scottish FA exists to govern with the best interests of the game at all times and will continue to do so throughout this challenging time for the Scottish game."
Strathclyde Police said that around 7000 supporters attended the march, and that there had been no arrests. A spokeswoman added that officers were "delighted" with the fans' conduct.
On Friday, two takeover bids were submitted to the Rangers' administrators Duff and Phelps.
One is from the Blue Knights - fronted by former Ibrox director Paul Murray - and the other is from American businessman Bill Miller.
Both bids are subject to conditions with the Blue Knights seeking a Company Voluntary Agreement (CVA) with creditors, and Mr Miller's bid depending on the outcome of further potential sanctions from the football authorities.
More About Focus on Rangers
- Administrators cleared of Rangers conflict of interest allegations
- Ticketus in move to liquidate ex-Rangers owner Craig Whyte's company
- Rangers chairman Malcolm Murray to contest removal attempt
- Ex-Rangers owner Craig Whyte appeals Ticketus £17.7m court case
- Chairman Malcolm Murray 'loses vote of confidence' at Rangers
- Scottish FA take ex-Rangers owner Craig Whyte to court over fine
- QC appointed to oversee inquiry into Rangers and Craig Whyte links