Simple Minds will be making sure Glasgow fans don’t forget about them with a homecoming gig at The Hydro in November.
The rockers revealed they will be joined by Ultravox for the arena date as part of the Greatest Hits UK tour.
Jim Kerr, Charlie Burchill, Mel Gaynor, Andy Gillespie and Ged Grimes will be Alive and Kicking at The Hydro on Wednesday, November 27.
The tour will mark the release of the band’s latest album Celebrate – Greatest Hits + on March 25.
Ultravox will be supporting Simple Minds and playing tracks including Vienna from their extensive back catalogue.
Led by Midge Ure the band returned in 2012 with Brilliant their first studio album in 28 years.
Tickets priced between £39.50 and £55 are available from www.thehydro.com or by calling 0844 395 4000 from 9.30am on Friday, March 22.
Pre-sale tickets are available to registrants on The Hydro website from 9am on Wednesday, March 20.
Simple Minds follow in the footsteps of The Proclaimers who were recently confirmed as one of the first Scottish acts to play new venue The Hydro.
Take a look at The Hydro in numbers.
See how the arena will compare in our infographic below.
More About The Hydro
- Rod Stewart confirmed to open Glasgow's Hydro arena this September
- Hydro 'will open on time' despite fears of cancelled concerts
- Russell Howard is back on the road with 2014 Wonderbox shows
- Paul Potts and Hayley Westenra are to perform The Best of the Musicals
- Goodnight Girl singalongs as Wet Wet Wet announce The Hydro show
- No time to Enjoy the Silence as Depeche Mode make a date in Glasgow
- Daredevils try death-defying stunts at new Nitro Circus Live show