The town’s college and top rugby club have signed a deal to work together for the season.
Motherwell College and Dalziel Rugby Club have joined forces to display the college logo on Dalziel’s shirts, while the rugby side will get access to the brand new gym and conditioning unit at the Ravenscraig campus.
A spokesman for Dalziel said: “This is an excellent opportunity for the club members to improve their strength and fitness levels needed since gaining promotion to Premier League 3, and improve their general well being.
“It is also aimed at the youth section which will benefit them in the same ways.”
Dalziel, in conjunction with rugby governing body the SRU, has organised for twelve players and coaches from both senior and midi/youth sections of the club to obtain their level one Strength and Conditioning qualification at the college.
Individual conditioning programmes will then be led by these instructors.
The Dalziel spokesman added: “This is an excellent development opportunity for the players and coaches which the club has been able to provide as a consequence of obtaining sponsorship from Tulloch Recruitment Ltd.
“The benefit for the youth section is that they will enhance their physical development and learn how to maintain a healthier lifestyle that will stand them in good stead in the future.
“It will also provide an opportunity for players to become familiar with Motherwell College and all it has to offer them.”
More About Dalziel Rugby Club
- Valuable win for Daziel edges them away from relegation threat
- Relegation fears for Dalziel after close defeat to Falkirk
- Dalziel men suffer crushing defeat on the road to Dumfries
- Dalziel go down for fourth time this season against clinical Cartha
- Lack of discipline sees Dalziel finishing a man down for second week
- Tough afternoon in Ayrshire for depleted Dalziel squad
- Dalziel youngsters impress with win over Waysiders